World Music is the essence of the MED Festival. In this 13th edition there will be eight stages:
- Matriz stage and Cerca stage - the main stages, once again hosting notorious artists of the international circuit of world music, as well as national bands, some with long careers, others which are revelation bands of 2015 and 2016;
- Castelo stage - concerts focusing on national music (renowned artists and revelations) and international alternative projects;
- Bica stage - Alternative concerts with artists from the Algarve;
- Arco stage - "one man show" concerts;
- MED Classic - concerts for lovers of classical music, inside the Mother Church;
- MED Fado - Fado concerts only, focusing mainly on Fado from this region, paying tribute to one of the Intangible Heritages of Humanity, taking place in the Cloisters of the Espírito Santo Convent;
- Jardim stage - Concerts of traditional music and dance from various countries, at the Amuados Garden. This year the choices are: Sudan, Syria, Guinea Conakry and Morocco.
Throughout the venue, visitors can also watch unexpected concerts in unusual places.